WISDOM FOR LOSING WEIGHT
In June of 2017, TIME magazine published a lead article titled, The Weight Loss Trap. The article presented the results of a massive ongoing study of 10,000 people who have lost 30lbs or more, and kept the weight off. The study was conducted by the National Weight Control Registry. Here are the common factors in people who lost significant weight and managed to not gain it back:
1) 98% changed their diet in some way – mostly in regard to portions.
2) 90% exercise, on average, one hour a day.
3) 78% eat breakfast everyday.
4) 55% used a weight loss program.
5) 62% watch fewer than 10 hours of TV per week – which is vital, because we all tend to eat more when watching T.V.
6) 75% weigh themselves at least once a week.
The Bible says a Christian’s body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. If you’re trying to lose weight, and want to do so long term, this wisdom from TIME magazine’s article is the kind of wisdom we need to go the long haul. May God give you fresh courage and joy in the pursuit of His glory by taking care of the bodies he gave us.
by Jay Childs, Senior Pastor