OUR RECENT TRIP TO ASIA
In February, Becky and I had the privilege of visiting Korea, Taiwan, Macau and China. We were sent by our Outreach Team to visit a number of families who are supported by finances and/or prayer. We went to encourage, support, learn from, and offer any pastoral shepherding they might desire. The time we spent visiting with all four families was extremely enjoyable and rewarding.
We visited in order:
1) Ryan & Corrie Kolbe in South Korea
2) Jon & Beth Eckstein in Taiwan
3) Bruce & Mary Damon in Macau and
4) JoAnna Kolbe in China
Our journey took us almost 16,000 air miles from Chicago and back again (Felt a little like Bilbo on a LONG journey).
These kinds of trips are great reminders of several things:
1) God is at work among the nations. This was very evident!
2) That God’s Word does not return void, and is indeed powerful.
3) That those living overseas, either as expats or as missionaries, have some very unique opportunities to share the Gospel.
4) That other cultures do things very differently from us.
5) That our world is big and beautiful.
6) That airplanes are amazing!
7) That airports are not!
8) That I love to travel with my bride.
9) That there is no indoor heat in East Asia in homes
10) That we are spoiled in terms of space in North America. The average middle class apartment in Hong Kong is 400 sq feet!
Becky and I count it a privilege to have visited these families. We learned so much from them. We want to continue to help our people gain a vision for what God is doing among the nations, so upon our return, we showed many groups a power-point presentation of our trip. Below are just a few of the photos from our trip…Enjoy!
by Pastor Jay Childs, Senior Pastor