I Am an Outreach Event
We are the outreach event. We all are to go where the people are and be a followers of Jesus, so others can learn how to follow Jesus.
In Mark 1, we see amazing lessons from the life of Jesus.
- Jesus’ life was covered with prayer (v. 35).
- Jesus’ life displayed a bold testimony of the gospel that included a call to repentance (v. 15).
- Jesus was intentional about training men to follow Jesus, so they could help others follow Jesus — a disciple-making movement (v. 17).
- Jesus was seen at the religious gathering places already established in the culture where people came to hang out (v. 21).
- Jesus’ life expressed great compassion for the needs and suffering of others (v.41).
We don’t need to plan events to share the gospel. We need to be people who live the gospel every where we go. Our lives should overflow the love of our heavenly Father into the lives of those who need it. It is our call to tell others about our Savior who has changed everything in our life through the power of the gospel. As followers of Jesus, we should not depend on some one else or some event to share the gospel message. We should live it every day. The church doesn’t need outreach events to fill the calendar; we need people who live the gospel every day!
We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us.
— 1 Thessalonians 2:8
If you lived these priorities of Jesus’ life every day, how would it enhance your disciple-making life?
by Ron Kirkeeng, Pastor of Middle School Ministries